Saturday, November 14, 2015

Quote of the Day - Thomas Paine

Last night on Facebook I saw an entire discussion about how Jews and Israelis and the Mossad were behind the Paris attacks last night. It was utterly bizarre and surreal to see and even more so to debate against as I did. I did manage to score enough ridicule points that I was variously blocked/unfriended by the other participants for which I am mildly proud. I saw this quote this morning and immediately thought of last night's pseudo-intellectual circus on Facebook.
"To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture." ~ Thomas Paine

No comments:

Post a Comment