Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Spring Has Sprung on the Central Coast

Today I drove down to Atascadero from my home in Paso Robles and I took the country route in lieu of the 101 Freeway.

To my delight I found that the explosion of flowers that was inevitable due to all the El Nino rains we got around here this year had finally shifted far enough west to now be in the Salinas River Valley.

Tyically is starts further inland in Eastern San Luis Obispo County and over time works its way to the coast.

The following photos I took today along Lupine Lane in rural Templeton.






Photos by Kim Patrick Noyes (all rights reserved)

7 comments:

  1. yeah, I drove through the Carrizo plain national monument on my way down to Long Beach last thursday and saw wome real springtime beauty. The rains have the lake and the flowers very high. Now is the perfect time to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have quite a few here, too, but not like this! I do think there is a profusion of lupine this year. Great shots, thank you for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BigSurKate,

    Thanks so much for dropping by and commenting...I love your blog and even have it linked to this blog....I can't imagine following Monterey County wildfires without your blog coverage of them.

    Kimmer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mind if I use one to paint?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore lupines....In my youth, our "mountain" on Carmel Road was covered with them. I miss them. Very nice shots. ~Alice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just swiped all of your the nitrogen fixer pictures. These are gorgeous--especially the one with the tree at the top of the swale. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This now being Spring 2011 for those following this thread the Spring flowers may be even better this Spring than the ones above in Spring 2010. However, I have not gotten out much to see them so I have no pics yet.... I'll see about changing that this week though and if I take any I'll post 'em on this blog. Lin, you are quite welcome to borrow my pics for whatever nefarious plans you have for them. ;-p

    ReplyDelete