Thursday, June 16, 2016

Picture of the Day - Sherpa Fire Pyrocumulus

Tonight I indulged in a beach bonfire party celebrating the end of my undergrad experience at Cal Poly and celebrate my buddy Blake's birthday. This was held at Pismo State Beach where the public can drive down onto the beach. At various points along the drive from Paso Robles to my destination I could catch glimpses of the Sherpa Fire blowing up and generating pyrocumulus clouds at a later hour than the typical peak burning period of the day. This image was shot around 7 p.m. close to when it bumped up against Highway 101 and spotted into the freeway median. I'm having problems with my camera and this was the best image I could get. The focus here is on the foreground and not the background which in this case is for the best given the lint that would be prominent in the image were the focus otherwise.  Photo by Kim Patrick Noyes (all rights reserved).

No comments:

Post a Comment