Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Taking the Good With the Bad

Today I taught periods 1,3, and 5 at Atascadero High School and I did just fine for my first day. With this day behind me and given how it went down I have a huge amount of confidence moving forward. I also feel much more comfortable in front of a classroom than before. My hang-up about being up in front of a class seems to be gone which is an answered prayer. The down-shot is that I was heavily distracted today by being pulled down the rabbit hole with Loved One by her ongoing and recurrent and escalating issues. I'm not sure our friendship is going to survive this latest crisis unscathed. Something bad happened to me today while being trapped off and on all day in Alice's Wonderland. Trust and respect are now quite gone. I need a vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment