Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Scripture of the Day - Peter (IPet.5:7-9)

Today, as every day lately, I felt overwhelmed and powerless and stuck in an indecisive quagmire of the mind. Between struggling with EdTPA and with the latest struggles and failures of Loved One, I have been tempted to despair. Today while I was variously out driving while running errands or while walking my dog this evening, I found these passages of Scripture entering my mind unsolicited by me and each directly addressing what I was in that moment contemplating. Two of these passages have already been posted on this blog previously HERE and HERE. However, the third one is new to this column in this blog and I share it with you now:
"Cast all your worries upon Him, for He cares about you. Be sober-minded, be watchful; because your adversary the devil, as a prowling lion, roams about seeking whom he may devour. Resist him standing firm in your faith, being ever mindful that such struggles are being experienced by your brethren throughout the world."
~ I Peter 5:7-9 (Kimicus ad Absurdum translation)

No comments:

Post a Comment