Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Picture of the Day - Twisted & Glazed

Today was a particularly fulfilling day for me as I experienced a number of minor successes in sharp contrast to how things have felt for quite some time. I also wanted to cheer myself up after suffering a big let-down when I visited Loved One this afternoon. After celebrating by grabbing a burger & shake at a downtown diner I took a walk to burn off some of those calories. I unexpectedly kept walking much further than I had originally intended. On the fly I elected to walk at sunset from my 15th Street address all the way down the main drag of Spring Street to First Street/Niblick Street and turn around and walk back on the opposite side of the street. I was waylaid in that endeavor just past 6th Street when I walked southbound on the southbound side of Spring Street in front of a specialty doughnut store at 521 Spring Street with the carb-ominous name "Twisted & Glazed". Previous to this and recently, my brother-by-another-mother Wibergman let me finish half of a doughnut he acquired from this place and I was impressed and noted to myself that I needed to visit the place. Of course, I then proceeded to forget all about it.... until earlier this evening. Somehow I got out of their with only three calorie grenades at $2.50 a pop. Yes, the one at left has bacon on it, the one at top has Fruity Pebbles cereal on it, and the onte at bottom right has wafers and chocolate and such on it. Note: I did not actually eat any of this tonight preferring a full pour of red wine and two Rum & Mexican Cokes for dessert and to numb my pain. Photo by Kim Patrick Noyes (all rights reserved).

No comments:

Post a Comment