Monday, April 11, 2011

2010 Pozo Fire

I continue to get caught up on sharing with you some of the photos I have taken since I last regularly blogged which was in 2009. Due to my pickup's unreliability and my being busy with work and school I don't have the time and opportunity I once did to go fire and storm chasing or rockhounding or anything else I enjoy doing... Ack! Anywho, I did get the opportunity to capture several images of last Summer's Pozo Incident on the Santa Lucia District of the Los Padres National Forest on August 21st. The first four images were taken from the top of 15th Street here in Paso Robles and show the fire's initial major up-canyon run whereas the last two images were taken down on Pozo Road near the incident after the forward progress of the fire had been largely stopped. The fire burned a total of 1,151 acres and caused no notable damage.







Photos by Kim Patrick Noyes (all rights reserved)

1 comment:

  1. I was in Paso that day as well and hurried home to see how close the fire was to my place. While enroute I wasn't sure what I was going to discover. Luckily for me, it wasn't real close and it was burning in the other direction. - Dave Z.

    ReplyDelete