Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Rock Photography Set I

This past weekend at the Santa Rosa Gem Faire while helping David Richter in his Rocks & Relics booth I indulged in my photography interest in a way I had never done before to this extent: close-ups of beautiful and/or interesting rocks. Normally my interest is in photographing outdoor nature scenes of various sorts with minimal human presence in the images in most cases. However, as I continue to learn to use my small five year-old digital camera I am trying to branch out in my photography. Below is a compendium of the best images I captured over the weekend and yes, I realize I have a long way to go with this sort of photography before I'm good at it. Also, a good camera would help, too.


Labradorite; Madagascar


Chinese Stibnite atop polished Brazilian Agate slab.


Brazilian Rock Crystal Quartz free form sculptures.


Brazilian Quartz crystal cluster along side Indonesian Petrified Wood sphere.


Brazilian Quartz skulls


Carved Quartz angels


Druzy Amethyst; Artigas, Uruguay.


Rare Madagascar Agate slabs.


Fossil Fish plate; Green River Formation.


Fossil Ammonite; Morroco.


Orthoceras plate from Madagascar.


Tangerine Quartz; Brazil


Tampa Bay Brain Coral; Florida


Quartz Crystals; Brazil


Smoky Quartz free-form sculpture.


Quartz Crystal cluster; Brazil


Tampa Bay Brain Coral; Florida


Tampa Bay Brain Coral; Florida, U.S.A.


Stibnite; China


All photos by Kim Patrick Noyes (All Rights Reserved).

1 comment: