Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Quote of the Day - Orwell & Bismarck

For my second installment of Quote of the Day I offer two wonderfully insightful and apropos quotes that are extraordinarily applicable to the current state of affairs in the American Empire.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."


"The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood." 

Fini

2 comments:

  1. Uh, isn't a "Quote of the Day" like, Daily? I read your blog all the time and enjoy it. Please continue, but maybe retool this particular name.

    Love to ya

    Goat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, that would be "Daily Quote". ;-)This is a period column like my "Picture of the Day". I'm in the process of writing a Random Musings column but I have something for this morning in the meantime. Thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete