Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Most Awesomest Ice Shove Footage Ever

I was shown this by a friend some weeks ago on his cell phone courtesy of Youtube. I made a note at the time to check it out more thoroughly when I got home and post it here. However, since then I kept forgetting to do either of those things until tonight. At the time I was shown this I was under the false impression it happened and was filmed on a smart phone during Polar Vortex event earlier this month. However, as it turns out it happened last Spring on the morning of May 11, 2013, at Mille Lacs Lake, Minnesota, dontcha know. This ice shove footage seems like a wonderful counterpoint to the post previous.



UPDATE: here is a great view of the aftermath of this event.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah I have seen this before. Creepy and this is in MAY! Note to self: Never move to Minnesota! Allison

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why didn't they just use a hair dryer on it? :)

    ReplyDelete