Monday, June 26, 2017

June 2017 Kim Day

Today, the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen convened for a "Kim Day", a day in which I get out of my cage quite intentionally and don't answer the phone really or make any commitments aside from doing my own thing to decompress and perhaps invite some friends along to partake in my geeky revelry.

This Kim Day took me and my mates to Van Gordon Creek behind San Simeon State Park for some rockhounding in the creek for whatever we could find of interest that is eroding out of a Chumash trash midden located further up the creek to which point we have never found. We did find some over-sized abalone shells of size and thickness rarely found alive in modern times but common during the pre-contact period.

Our next stop was to visit San Simeon Point by way of William Randolph Hearst Memorial State Beach.


Two of our crew had never before been out to this magical place. We wanted them to experience it and to again experience it ourselves, those of us in the group who had been to this place before.

We all had better visit this place now before the Hearst Corporation executes its approved development of this magical place sometime in the not-too-distant future.

In my judgement, there are few places on Earth more magical to nearly a mystical order of magnitude than this San Simeon Point. I dread what is going to happen here in development.

San Simeon Cove always looks so rather tropical due to the sublime coloration of the ocean here.
All photos by Kim Patrick Noyes (all rights reserved)

No comments:

Post a Comment