Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Scripture of the Day - Jeremiah (Jer.9:23-24)

I opened my Bible randomly to Jeremiah chapter nine and this jumped off the page at me. It has been highlighted in my Bible most of my adult life and I certainly know it but I must say I sort of forgot about it until reading it this morning jogged my memory. This further illustrates to me just how urgent it is I get back into the habit of opening God's Word each and every day, something I am guilty of neglecting all too often as I get caught up in my lifestyle and my time management habits, some of which are bad habits.
"The Lord declares, "Wise people should not boast in their wisdom, nor yet powerful people boast in their power, nor yet wealthy people boast in their wealth. Rather, let the person who boasts boast in this: that they understand my ways and know me, that I reveal myself to be kind, fair, and righteous in the earth. For in these things I take delight." ~ Jeremiah 9:23-24 (Kimicus ad Absurdum translation)

No comments:

Post a Comment