Thursday, April 24, 2008

Random Musings of a Ramblin' Fool III

Monster Children

The other day in the Vons parking lot while pushing my cart full of groceries out to my pickup I observed a mother being dominated by her apparently three year-old daughter.
She was letting her little monstrosity know that she could only take one toy doll into the market but the little monster wanted to take both in and was physically fighting with her little monster for possession of it.
I was tempted to tell her to nip that in the bud now or she'll wish she were dead once her daughter hits her teenage years.
I see this sort of thing all too regularly and it alarms me what our nation is producing in its children: overly-indulged, undisciplined, narcissistic, self-centered, contentious, spoiled brats.
We see the product of it even now in the news each day when somebody has a snit when their girlfriend dumps them and starts seeing somebody else and old boyfriend does something newsworthy in response for example.

Wrong Reason To Vote For Obama


I'm hearing more and more anecdotes about people voting for Barack Obama because their kids pressured/talked them into it. Folks.....this is absolutely the wrong reason to vote for somebody. Vote for them for YOU, not anybody else. Let your kids vote for Obama and if you like him vote for him or don't vote for him if you don't but either way do it because it's what YOU want.

Number Six


The other night Number Six was a guest on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno.
Canadian actress Tricia Helfer who plays Number Six on the modern reimagining of Battlestar Gallactica was interviewed. She is indeed as statuesque in real life as she appears to be on the show and, yes, she is THAT long and leggy and, yes, she used to be a model.
Unfortunately for you single guys out there, she is happily married.

Bogus Balkan Meteor Strikes


There is a gentleman in Bosnia who claims space aliens are targeting his home.
He claims that on five different occasions a meteorite struck his home and even has given scientists his finds who have verified the material as meteoritic.
The odds of this happening even once are astronomical but five times in the past six months is ridiculous.
Either he is making this up and somehow acquiring the meteorites or somebody is messing with him but somehow acquiring the meteorites to toss on his roof.

Old Woman Meteor

When I was a child in the late 1970's or early 1980's I had the privilege of seeing the Old Woman Meteorite on display at the Desert Discovery Center in Barstow, CA.
I had the privilege once again to see it again several years ago.

My Ticket

My speeding ticket arrived in the mail and it was painful: $200.
I plan to plead my case with the judge via mail if possible as driving to and from Shafter doesn't seem worth it especially as my odds of success are slim at best.
I'm guilty of driving over the speed limit.
However, my 76 mph should have be considered 11 mph over the limit, NOT 21 mph as NOBODY drives 55 mph on Highway 46 under ideal conditions unless they are stuck behind an RV or want to get their ass run off the road or have the car behind them tailgate them or have cars dangerously going around them creating the possibility of there being a head-on right in front of oneself put-putting along at 55 mph.
Perhaps the judge can be convinced to agree with me.
What do you all think?
Any advice?

2008 Antelope Valley Gem, Mineral, and Jewelry Show


Tomorrow I will be driving to Lancaster, CA, to set up for this weekend's 2008
Antelope Valley Gem, Mineral, and Jewelry Show
put on by the Antelope Valley Gem & Mineral Club at Lancaster High School located at 22701 32nd Street West.
I hope to see as many of you there as possible and look for me to blog this thing either as it happens (preferably) or after I get home depending upon how successful I am finding some wifi signal there.

Fini

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete