Sunday, July 8, 2012

Portland's Hotel Governor

During my visit to Portland the past few days I had the pleasure of visiting the Hotel Governor in the course of dining at Jake's Grill located on the first floor. The property is kept up nicely and the staff are courteous and professional and the food and drink are superb. The place is haunted according to the staff and given the look of the place and my own feeling while there I wholly believe that to be the case. It was built in 1909 so it has had time to pick up some permanent residents. 
Hotel Governor downtown Portland, OR, as viewed from 10th Street. 
I could not resist taking a photo of this marvelous light fixture in the main foyer.
This cool bar reminds me of the one featured in the 1997 mini-series The Shining where the ghost of Delbert Grady successfully gets John Torrance to drink again at a bar in the old Overlook Hotel.
I love these light fixtures but they certainly do bring to mind (mine anyway) the faces in the interior decor of the mansion featured in the 1999 movie The Haunting.
All photos by Kim Patrick Noyes (all rights reserved).

No comments:

Post a Comment