Sunday, October 14, 2012

11th Annual Autumn Cayucos Gem & Mineral Show - Day Two

Day Two was even more beautiful than Day One if that were possible as an offshore wind event developed and a bona fide Santa Ana Wind was in effect this morning into this afternoon. Unlike a year ago this morning I did not have to be on-site to deal with a late vendor showing up for Sunday only so I shlepped in late with David Richter with whom I carpooled today and yesterday. I had more time today as Marybeth Shears was present in the Showcase Displays booth which freed me up to move about and take more photographs and get some of my own inventory priced to be sold in Mike Lyons booth from which I made a small amount of money yesterday and today.

Of personal relevance to me today was the fact I purchased two small Ernie Porter jade pieces from the lot he is selling lately by way of Keith Olivas who is functioning as a broker. Later in the day I traded those two back in and upgraded to a larger and better single beach-tumbled jade pendent piece. I then recruited Diana March Enscoe to make me a wire-wrap pendent necklace which she will ship to me upon completion. This will be my first jade necklace and it is perhaps long overdue given my proximity to the Big Sur Coast and my many times going up there to explore and search for jade and my now-seven year connection to the Big Sur Jade Festival.

See Day One of this show!

The following images were taken in the order shown below.

At the intersection of Cayucos Drive and Ocean Avenue in downtown Cayucos. Note the Santa Winds blowing the American flag towards the sea.
Some of Kirk Brock's local jade carvings.
Jewelry vendors Josie and Diana.
A Diana March necklace pendent.
A selection of Diana March necklaces.
Bumblebee Jasper (really more of an agate) from Indonesia.
Main Hall looking northeast towards the entrance.
Cayucos Vets Hall earlier today.
Botryoidal Pyrite


Fat 'Ol Me manning Marybeth's booth in honor of her late husband Steve Shears.
Kirk Brock in his Rock Solid Jade booth.
Cameron in his Crystal Palace
Mike Lyons (left) and Marcella and Keith Olivas.
The Sittingers of Wonderworks
Sonia DeLong still won't divorce Andy and marry me but she is considering it. ;-)
Diana March and her husband.

Main Hall looking north from the east end of the stage.
Main Hall looking north from the west end of the stage.
Main Hall looking east from the west end of the stage.
A Diana wire-wrap pendent.
And another...
.... and another.
Cameron's display case.
October is perhaps the prettiest month of the year on the Central Coast of California. This is the scene from next to the Cayucos Vets Hall
Cayucos Pier this afternoon.
That a scene this gorgeous could be so uncrowded blows my mind and yet I have the privilege of living  in this area.
Area in front of the Vets Hall at the approach to the Cayucos Pier.
Main Hall looking southwest.
David Richter's Rocks & Relics booth had its best Cayucos Show ever including any June shows which are typically stronger than October shows (we do two shows a year here).
Josie's Jewelry by Josie booth sans Josie.
Main Hall looking north from the stage.
View of the Main Hall right before we left tonight. The show seems as if it were merely a mirage.
All photos by Kim Patrick Noyes (all rights reserved).

No comments:

Post a Comment