Friday, October 26, 2012

Another World Series Gem Faire - Pt. 1

I am helping my friend Dave Richter in his Rocks & Relics booth at the October 2012 Santa Rosa Gem Faire this week. Two years ago I worked this same show and the San Francisco Giants were in the World Series then as well as this time around. Today seemed unusually slow for this show despite being Friday, typically the best day of any Gem Faire event. My guess is the local populace is being effected by enthusiasm and exuberance over their Giants being in the World Series again this year as they were two years ago when we were also here for this show. Below is my account in photos shown in the order they were taken.  See Day Two and Day Three.
J.T. Grace Pavilion at Sonoma County Fairgrounds on the morning of Day One.
I didn't even notice at the time I took this image what I'm noticing now.
Selling in the Rocks & Relics booth in any show feels like what I imagine it would feel like for a German tank crew of a Tiger II facing a line up Sherman Tanks in front of it in some field in France.
Elbaite, Ametrine, Carnelian, and Iolite.
Faceted Quartz
Ocean Jasper from Madagascar
Carnelian, Iolite, Garnet, Chrysoprase, and Moonstone.
Sunstone, Apatite, Fluorite, Amber, Rhodochrosite, and Amethyst.
Brazilian Quartz and Labradorite from Madagascar.
Green Apophyllite on Stilbite from Maharashtra, India.
Various spheres of various stones.
Rose Quartz from Madagascar.
Day One all wrapped up.
My favorite place in Santa Rosa: Cellars of Sonoma.
All photos by Kim Patrick Noyes (all rights reserved).

No comments:

Post a Comment