Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Scripture of the Day - John (I John 4:18)

I have made tremendous strides in exorcising my past demons of anxiety disorder. However, certain situations can trigger an unpleasant anxiety episode such as being on a precipitous mountain-side road such as Highway One. Certain sections of it make me especially uncomfortable, particularly just south and just north of Salmon Creek between Ragged Point and Gorda, CA. I have repeatedly in the past experienced panic attacks in that area and feared such heading into this past weekend's 21st Annual Big Sur Jade Festival. Last week as I pondered upon this and felt discouraged to not be thoroughly through with this problem a passage of Scripture quite loudly and vividly entered my thoughts and I knew immediately from Whom it came and to what it referred. From that point onwards I was calmed and at peace about facing that damned road. Indeed, come last Friday morning I triumphantly confronted and successfully dealt with the section of road in question and without any problems endured. This was desite traversing it in broad daylight and clear weather and while driving utterly alone and not in an auto with somebody else or in a queue of cars which usually assuages my anxiety somewhat when it is an issue at all. Below is that passage of scripture:
"There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear because fear relates to punishment. Whomever lives in fear is not made complete in love." ~ I John 4:18 (Kimicus ad Absurdum translation)

2 comments:

  1. And here I thought that my fearlessness was due to the activity of my "too stupid to be afraid" gene. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Btw, Bravo for triumphing over the maleficent one's sneaky tactics for undermining a relationship with God. You put your faith back into the worthy one's hands and won. I'm proud of you!

    ReplyDelete