Thursday, March 21, 2013

"Is It Love" With Nadia Ali?

For me it was love at first hearing of the voice of Nadia Ali, an American of Pakistani ethnic extraction born in Libya. This was in the early 2000s when I first began to listen to trance music mixes. Over time I became more familiar with her work and then and now thoroughly enjoy both the lyrics she writes as well as her haunting and exotic vocals. She's also easy on the eyes. She first emerged in the electronic dance music scene with the group iio which she co-founded in the early 2000's with Markus Moser in New York City near the end of the height of trance music's artistic purity and cultural relevance, a genre to which iio partly belonged. It is worth noting that I posted a blog about her back in 2008 or 2009 but deleted it when I revamped this blog following my long hiatus from posting here.

Below are a series of videos featuring a nice sampling of some of her best stuff. First below is her most haunting display of her vocal ability "Is It Love" and features a nice montage of her work in other music videos and concert performances, but is a track that was released by iio after she had left it to work solo. The two videos below it are the two hits she had with iio while still in the group. It's worth noting she wrote the lyrics to the first three videos below.






Below is my favorite track from her solo career to which she also wrote the lyrics. I do not like her newer work as much as her work for iio but given this track was done in collaboration with German electronica artist Schiller she could not get this one wrong. If you have been following this blog you know how much I love Schiller so I'm obviously biased! If I subsequently find anything else by Nadia Ali from her solo career that I find myself actually loving as much as her iio stuff I'll share it on this blog. 

2 comments:

  1. Why is my Firefox pop up blocker showing up for this site? Avast antivirus labels it malware!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Anonymous,

      Thanks for stopping in and visiting.

      This site is Google's very own blogspot.com and it has most assuredly not been infected by a mere virus or malware. What has happened is that there is something in your computer that is responding to what it encounters on Blogspot which is triggering it. I was having a similar problem when I visited the site recently until I installed some Mozilla add-ons that addressed tracking programs in my own computer and that has done the trick for me thus proving the problem was in my own computer and not mighty Google's own servers for Blogspot. I hope I explained that adequately.

      Delete