Thursday, March 14, 2013

Quote of the Day - Thomas Wolfe

"You can't go home again." ~ Thomas Wolfe
 The central idea of this novel title by Thomas Wolfe has come up oft in my life. It did so again last week as I drove through the town in which I was born and spent a lot of my childhood either living in or near or otherwise visiting with great regularity. The place is Pasadena, CA, and it has changed and so have I. This is not to say I do not hold fond memories of it or that I don't derive great pleasure from passing through it but the thought of actually living there depresses me greatly at present. However, I suppose a great life with an amazing woman while living there in a Craftsman-style California bungalow could conceivably change my mind on the matter. On a side note my inner sci-fi dork must point out the obscure factoid that this is also the title of Episode #5 of Season One of Battlestar Galactica.

1 comment:

  1. Kim, have you seen "Blood and Chrome" yet? You simply must. It is awesome.

    ReplyDelete