Saturday, December 28, 2013

Overheard ~ Like Bad Song Writing

 "She eats your heart out Like Jeffrey Dahmer" ~ Overheard on my car radio yesterday.

That line appears in the current Katy Perry song "Dark Horse" featuring rapper Juicy J actually vocalizing the wretched lyric. At the very moment it hit my ears and my brain recognized it had just been said in my hearing I was both surprised and delighted as it was unintentionally funny and further confirms what most of us who are older than Generation Y know to be true, to wit, that American music overall is being degraded and dumbed down over time. I'm hardly a candy-ass or squeamish but I am a writer and that lyric is just plain bad composition on every level. Jeffrey Dahmer should not be mentioned in any artistic endeavor or expression discussing male-female relationships.

3 comments:

  1. Agreed. lol...Allison

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting, I made my post about the state of music BEFORE looking at this. Great minds think alike.

    :)

    RB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. Forget the lyrics -- It's the VIDEO that's really wacked:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ebkz0PMTLA

      Not that there's anything wrong with it, of course.

      Delete