Saturday, December 14, 2013

Purifying Fire of LUSTMORD

I tend to find the subgenre of ambient music known as dark ambient to be too dark for my tastes. However, I make an exception when it comes to the Lustmord. I first discovered it when the track  "Black Star" (below) from the album "Purifying Fire" was playing on some esoteric music radio station in the Bay Area about a dozen years ago one night while sitting in my car outside my grandmother's house during a difficult visit with her and while looking for some aural massaging of my soul. This music most intrigued me but I could not ascertain what it was and by whom until by chance I figured it out later. This is not for everybody and even for those for whom it is one must be in the right frame of mind and soul for it to resonate.

No comments:

Post a Comment