Friday, April 25, 2014

Adelaida Cemetery Cool Headstone Compendium

This morning before work early this evening I headed back out to the Adelaida Cemetery and shared it with my new friend Chelsia. Since I had already done a photo-study of the cemetery and its mood this time I elected to focus more on the headstones solely and celebrate their individuality and the stories they tell us about the people and about the period in which the headstones were designed and shaped. Most of the older marble and a hand-full of older granite markers I included here but the newer granite markers did nothing for me with a few exceptions and so I only shared the ones which did. I found today's gloominess helpful in giving these images a vaguely creepy monotone color scheme.
Check out my recent Haunting Return To Adelaida Cemetery





I don't know if this is a homemade replacement or the original.




I could not readily see the upper part of this broken headstone.
This bring to my mind Moses breaking the tablets.











I love this pink and gray granite.

Dad was a trucker....
... and so was mom.
There were not many wood grave markers but these were the two coolest ones.





Looks to be a Civil War vet to me.

I love its simplicity and starkness.











A sarcophagus?
All photos by Kim Patrick Noyes (all rights reserved).

No comments:

Post a Comment