Sunday, April 6, 2014

My Model A Weekend

Although I'm not a car guy and especially not a Ford guy given my Chevy pedigree (that I'm currently driving a beater 1994 Volvo has my late father and both grandfathers turning over in their graves) I am nonetheless a history buff. Consequently, I was delighted to be assigned overnight security by Vino Vice at the Paso Robles Holiday Inn Express this past Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights: three 12-hour shifts from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. each overnight period for the 2014 Central California Regional Jamboree.  hosted by the Paso Robles A's, the local franchise of the Model A Ford Club of America. The men and women of the club were a delight without exception as was the staff of the motel.
Note: my mom's mother's parents had an old Model T truck for their farm back in the 1940's into 1950's when my mom saw it and rode in it as a small child.

All photos by Kim Patrick Noyes (all rights reserved).

1 comment:

  1. Great Cars..love them all. My grandparents had a model A and then a model T. Allison

    ReplyDelete