Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Picture of the Day - Roberts Fire Fiery Sunset

This afternoon a wildfire broke out on the post of Camp Roberts where military exercises are underway. The fire, driven by strong winds and heavy fuels, spotted and ran out of control across 1,500 acres of the base. I tried to gain a good vantage point for photographs when I took a break from working on my senior project. I found such a location near the intersection of Nacimiento Lake Drive (G14) and Interlake Road. However, lint and other minute debris in my camera which I cannot reach, appeared in each photo I took rending them all unusable. In light of that, I found this amazing photo by Trisha Butcher taken in the San Miguel area earlier this evening. Photo by Trish Butcher (all rights reserved).

No comments:

Post a Comment