Sunday, July 17, 2016

Broken But Not Condemned

I discovered this song tonight quite by accident. It really struck a nerve in my heart and really speaks to where I am right now in my life. I've felt real broken the past month and a half or two as a consequence of many things happening to me at once, some of it inflicted upon me and some of it self-inflicted. I'm finished feeling broken. I am reminded in Romans 8:1 that there is no condemnation to them who are in Christ Jesus. As for the artistry of this amazing 2013 Depeche Mode track "Broken" from their album "Delta Machine", they seem to keep getting better and better as their 80s and 90s stuff was great, 2005's "Precious" which I shared HERE was awesome and now this.

3 comments:

  1. . . . And as you would have guessed it, I'm a big fan of this one tooo! Sending you hugs! ~erin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw KIm try to remember Gods faithfulness to you
      a broken contrite spirit is what He looks for in order to break us of our self sufficient that is when He does His greatest work in us
      read ps 51 and 34 funny as I was studying with your grandpa today that is what he was teaching. " Blessed are the broken and contrite of heart/sprit for they shall inherit the earth!" James Peter speak to these difficult trials and testings ... they help us grow in faith endurance perseverance character and hope... skimming off the dross while He never takes His eye off the fire...
      the sandpaper and pruning is very painful but oh so necessary and He conforms us to His image.... please listen to the song good good Father you can google it... it sure helped me
      tysm for sharing
      praying for you

      Delete
  2. Depeche Mode is by far my favorite group...

    ReplyDelete