Thursday, December 29, 2016

Quote of the Day - Dolores Abernathy

The past couple of weeks I have become addicted to the new HBO series Westworld whose first season I finished watching tonight. I have long loved the original 1973 movie Westworld starring Yul Brynner as the rogue robotic killer running amok in the futuristic fantasy park originally contrived by Michael Crichton. Any movie or television program or song or poem that makes one think about it for days after encountering it is something special. This Westworld television series is something special. It is good on every level from storywriting to casting to acting sets and shooting localities to special effects. My newest crush is Evan Rachel Wood as the unforgettable Dolores Abernathy. She repeats the Shakespearan line below (from Romeo & Juliet) which her "father" tells her which has the same effect on her as it does on the person she shares it with and it spreads like a virus. She was neither the first or last to say it but to me her telling of it is the most memorable. I will not say more as to not spoil it for you but this is must-see-tv!

"These violent delights have violent ends." ~ Dolores Abernathy

2 comments:

  1. I have loved your blog for a long time now. But I am having issues with the dark blue on black text. It's really a struggle to read. If you could lighten/brighten it - maybe go a little turquoise - and bump the font size up by 3-4 pt it would be wonderful.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and I'm delighted you enjoy it. I tried turquoise and did not like the look of that much of that color on the screen so I tried white and I like that better. I also enlarged the basic font size from 13 to 15. You are not the first to report difficulty reading the blog. I made some revisions last year which improved it but clearly that was insufficient. Thanks for the feedback. I need as much feedback as I can get to improve this blog.

      Delete