Sunday, January 8, 2012

One More Indian Ocean Tsunami Video Of Note

When I compiled my Top Ten Most Dramatic Indian Ocean Tsunami Videos column I couldn't fine this one at the time although I remembered it and wanted to add it as a bonus video at #11. I finally found it and share it on this blog. It features a beach with normally ocean-covered rock outcroppings fully exposed as the ocean has receded. European tourists are seen milling about in the subtidal area out of foolish and naive curiosity. This occurs even as large, white, frothy waves approach in the distance across the entire arc of the horizon over the ocean. One sees Thai Navy patrol boats react to the approaching tsunami waves and nose into them. The videographer speaks in an unknown tongue but seems a bit more skeptical of the situation and by the end of the video is running for his life.


No comments:

Post a Comment