Thursday, February 9, 2012

My Top 10 Favorite Sci-Fi TV Series

Below is my short list of favorite science fiction television programs in as close to an accurate assessment of my preferences as I am able. This rating is hard to peg as my preferences come more in clumps than in an individual sequential descending order.

  1. Star Trek (original)
  2. Battlestar Galactica (re-imagined version)
  3. Farscape
  4. Firefly
  5. Lexx
  6. The Flash
  7. Greatest American Hero
  8. The Invaders
  9. Battlestar Galactica (original)
  10. Star Trek: Enterprise

3 comments:

  1. You remember "The Invaders?" Wow. It really was a great show. Roy Thinnes was so underrated. I would make one addition: "V" (the original and the remake). Insidious invasions are always the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do, indeed! I would watch it in reruns after school when I was in 6th grade (1982-83). I so very much loved "V" when it came out and I was younger but in reruns I have found it a bit 80's corny even if nonetheless fun. "The X Files" snuck in its place but I'm wondering if I made a mistake by not put "The Night Stalker" in its place given how good it was and it was the progenitor of "The X Files".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have since made one revision to this list having added The Flash in place of The X-Files... it was close but I had earlier forgotten about that wonderful little one-season series... was killed due to the viewer distraction with Gulf War I and live CNN coverage of press conferences and live action coverage. That it did not make it beyond that one season is a cryin' shame.

    ReplyDelete