Wednesday, February 1, 2012

An Encounter with Jonathan Meader

At this past weekend's San Rafael Gem Faire covered HERE I had the privilege of conversing with artist, author and egyptophile Jonathan Meader when he visited the Rocks & Relics booth. I learned a number of significant things from him and thoroughly enjoyed our all-too-brief discussion. I look forward to picking up where we left off next time I am in San Rafael. Meader was kind enough to give me an autographed copy of his 1995 work The Wordless Travel Book. This clever little gem of international communication is based upon the visual symbology of ancient Egyptian hieroglyphs updated to represent the context of modern civilization. It now proudly sits in my library. Meader is currently working on an expansive book project more about which I will not divulge here now. Needless to say it will be quite remarkable once completed and I am excited to see the finished product. I hope to acquire a copy of it for my personal library once it is published in light of the fact it relates to a topic of lifelong interest to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment