Sunday, July 21, 2013

Death of a Jumbo Jet

I happened upon this raw footage of the April 29, 2013, crash of National Airlines Flight 102 taking off from Bagram Air Base in Afghanistan this afternoon for the very first time. I don't have television and between that fact and my not always catching online all the viral stuff that is out there I somehow missed this story until today. I probably saw some blurb in the news online at the time but thought little of it given it was not downed by hostile action and whatever blurbs came sans any reference to this footage below.
Note: all seven Americans aboard this cargo Boeing 747 were killed with no casualties on the ground. The footage was taken by a contractor in the area at the time. The cause has been confirmed as a load shift.

2 comments:

  1. here is a better quality video of it

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Huqcbqbok4E

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dan,

    Thanks, I switched the old one out and used your link instead.

    Kimmer

    ReplyDelete