Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Pomar Air Attack-Eye View

Today as I left my house for Atascadero I heard the pre-alert for a vegetation in the El Pomar/Templeton Road area between Atascadero and Templeton. Once I got on the 101 Freeway from South Spring Street in Paso Robles I could see the header to the fire and it loomed up rather fast and dramatically. I intended to go directly to it but a friend wanted me to pick him up and take him along which delayed my arrival there so I have no interesting images of my own of this incident but below are some images I acquired off of the local CAL FIRE Twitter account taken from Air Attack 340 circling overhead. The fire was contained at about 12 acres and appeared to have started in a road construction zone and probably was started by road work crews.

Images courtesy of CAL FIRE (all rights reserved).

No comments:

Post a Comment