Sunday, November 11, 2012

My DeeDeeite Delight

As I shared with you here last August, I met Deedeeite (a fractured rhyolite with silica-filling of void spaces) discoveress and Orcutt Mineral Society member DeeDee Magri at the Nipomo Gem & Mineral Show this year and enjoyed meeting the woman and getting to know more about Deedeeite. Following posting of my article DeeDeeite, DeeDee Magri, & Me she was so pleased she kindly gave me a partially-cut piece of her namesake silicate that she herself had found which was a real honor. I recently had Santa Lucia Rockhound member Galen Moyer (the same guy who polished my biconoid I shared here recently in My Beloved Biconoid Tubes article here. I thank Galen for his wonderful work on this stone as well as on the biconoid.






All photos by Kim Patrick Noyes (all rights reserved).

4 comments:

  1. Oooooooo good! More images for me to play with and return in a few days. Thanks! Woo-hoo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see what you create, my friend!

      Delete
  2. This is really pretty!Allison

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, you didn't mention that the silca in-fill is Flourescent with sometimes colors of green, blue, lavendar and yellow.
    regards,
    Wes

    ReplyDelete