Monday, November 12, 2012

Veterans Day 2012

This Veterans Day morning I drove down to Atascadero and visited the Pine Mountain Cemetery where my late father, a U.S. Army veteran, is buried. He died 27 years ago this month as I explained in Losing A Father. I don't go to my father's grave much anymore and when I do it is usually on Memorial Day or Veterans Day. Once I was done visiting there I headed over to the Faces of Freedom Veterans Memorial across town where I visited for a short time although I missed the big Veterans Day celebration which was actually held there yesterday.
Pine Mountain Cemetery in Atascadero, CA.
Flags are placed on all the graves of veterans.
My father's grave: Rest In Peace James Gordon Noyes
.





Atascadero's Faces of Freedom Veterans Memorial




This memorial was dedicated on November 8, 2008.
This sculpture was created by Atascadero sculptor Mark Greenaway.
All photos by Kim Patrick Noyes (all rights reserved).

No comments:

Post a Comment