Thursday, November 15, 2012

My Top 10 Favorite Short Stories

A convergence of realities occurred today which has prompted me to share this list with you. This semester at Cuesta College I am enrolled in a general education English Literature class. One part of the curriculum has been short stories which as most of you probably don't know is my favorite literary genre. This reality converged late this afternoon with the happenstance that while talking to my friend Marybeth the subject of short stories and our shared love of them was discussed. She asked me for some titles of my favorites and my mind nearly drew a blank other than the top two mentioned here. This has prompted me to compose my top ten list and share it with you here.

1). "The Most Dangerous Game" ~ By Richard Connell

2). "The Upper Berth" ~ By F. Marion Crawford

3). "An Occurence at Owl Creek Bridge" ~ By Ambrose Bierce

4). "To Build A Fire" ~ By Jack London

5). "The Fall Of The House Of Usher" ~ By Edgar Allan Poe

6). "The Necklace" ~ By Guy de Maupassant

7). "Harrison Bergeron" ~ By Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

8). "The Masque Of The Red Death" ~ By Edgar Allan Poe

9). "The Scarlet Ibis" ~ By James Hurst

10). "The Cask of Amontillado" ~ By Edgar Allan Poe

No comments:

Post a Comment