Friday, February 28, 2014

Nightshade At Night

I would be a liar if I said I previously knew much about Mike Oldfield apart from seeing occasional references to him here and there. While trolling Youtube for new things to love I came across this amazing piece by Oldfield. The original album version is seems slightly more acoustic and is slightly shorter, but this version from his 2005 album Light + Shade was a religious experience to hear from the first time it hit my ears and I have played it oft-times since then. Tonight while researching it a bit for this blog posting I discovered a not altogether insignificant explanation for why it sounds so good. Christopher von Deylen of Schiller collaborated on it lending his inimitable mark upon it doing the base and drums to Oldfield's guitar work. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment