Thursday, December 27, 2012

Indian Ocean Tsunami Effects At Koh Similan

Just a day or two past the eighth anniversary of the Andaman-Sumatra Earthquake and resulting Indian Ocean Tsunami of 2004 I felt compelled to go find something new on Youtube about this event. I have already posted a great many videos here of that event and am convinced I have seen most of the extant footage available online. However, I hoped that I might get lucky and find something new. Although I've been familiar with what happened to the tourists at Koh Similan during this event I had never seen this presentation and video perspective before. Not only is the footage compelling in an understated way (there are no crashing waves or scenes of stark terror) and is well-captioned and not over-edited and features a nice little primer on the basic scientific details of the earthquake and tsunami. All in all this is great stuff and be sure to check out the following link:
Top Ten Most Dramatic Indian Ocean Tsunami Videos

1 comment:

  1. This is one movie I won't miss, even if it's a howling dog:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xi-ufQs3Dis

    ReplyDelete