Monday, December 24, 2012

North Co. Christian Fellowship X-mas Eve 2012

Tonight I elected to attend my first ever Christmas Eve church service anywhere at any time in my life. Since North Co. Christian Fellowship is my church home I attended the one there. Given that I nearly talked myself out of going given how tired I felt earlier this evening and how much I have to do this evening I almost didn't attend the service. Below is what I witnesses and experienced.
North County Christian Fellowship tonight.
I am ashamed to admit the white trees on either side made me think of the White Tree of Gondor.
The church always does a nice job of decorating at the holidays.
Pastor Steve Calagna gave a weighty and wonderful sermon that mixed substance for the faithful along with a primer for our unbelieving guests.
We closed the service with a symbolic candle-lighting send-a-way ceremony.
Faux fireplace in the sanctuary.
Another view of the sanctuary following the service. 
All photos by Kim Patrick Noyes (all rights reserved).

No comments:

Post a Comment