Friday, December 28, 2012

My Very First Full of Life Flatbread Pizza

Earlier this evening I had the honor and privilege of visiting and partaking in the culinary decadence that is Full of Life Flatbread Pizza in Los Alamos, CA. The occasion was my boss and I along with a mutual female friend joining us on a short business trip to nearby Buellton, CA, and on the way back getting paid for our assistance by way of gourmet food and nice local wines at this fabulous place. The three of us shared the Central Coast Sausage and Shaman Bread with goat cheese pizzas. Both of these pizzas were awesometacular! I enjoyed this with a glass of  Pinot Noir from Presqu'ile in the Santa Maria Valley. Usually I'm not a big fan of wines from that region but this one was quite excellent. I also shared half a glass of Grenache from Sorellina in the Santa Ynez Valley. The service was friendly and the atmosphere was funky and hip and cool. Watching our pizzas being cooked in the pizza oven right there in the dining room completed the experience. However, be forewarned: getting a table is quite an ordeal as this place is always packed and is only open Friday and Saturday evenings. Most of their business is by way of mail ordering of their pizzas with their two open evenings being a way to connect with the community and those out-of-town guests inclined to make the worthwhile pilgrimage.
The bar in front.
Wine selection at the bar. Can you spot me in this image?
Pizza oven in the main dining hall.
All photos by Kim Patrick Noyes (all rights reserved).

No comments:

Post a Comment