Friday, December 28, 2012

Tohoku Tsunami Hitting Miyako Harbor

Given that the 8th anniversary of the 2004 Andaman-Sumatra Earthquake & Indian Ocean Tsunami just passed and a haunting movie ("The Impossible") about the story of one family of survivors hit theaters in Los Angeles and New York last Friday with more theater openings to come it seems tsunami are on my mind of late. Recently, while conducting one of my periodic trollings of Youtube for new tsunami videos I came across this compelling raw video footage of the 2011 Great Tohuku Earthquake & Tsunami which footage I had not seen before. More Tohoku tsunami video links are to be found below the movie player below.


Top Ten Most Dramatic Tohoku Tsunami Videos

Another Top Ten Most Dramatic Tohoku Tsunami Videos

1 comment:

  1. Wow. I hadn't seen this footage either. Thanks for posting it. Makes me reflect on how quickly our lives can be turned upside down and how powerless we are against preventing natural disaster no matter how prepared for it we are.

    ReplyDelete