Friday, August 17, 2012

Forest Falls Flash Flood 2012

A flash flood containing a great deal of fallen timber and mountain rock ranging in size from sand grains all the way up to boulders rumbled down Mill Creek Canyon and through the San Bernardino Mountain community of Forest Falls, CA. It appears most of this flash flood remained within the banks of Mill Creek. However, there was some flooding with mud deposition in parts of Forest Falls. No injuries were reported from this incident. This flood was caused by thunderstorms up in the mountain nearby resulting from the vigorous summer monsoon season California has experienced this year following a couple of mild summers with much less of this activity than normal. Below is a rather interesting video shot by a local resident showing this flash flood. To me the most dramatic and interesting aspect and element of this video is the sound of the flash flood caused mostly by all the rocks in motion within the water itself.

5 comments:

  1. Hey Kim,

    Thanks for moving my video along. The video doesn't do the roar justice....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My supreme pleasure! Is the video working for you on my blog? It isn't for me for some reason although all the coding look fine.

      Delete
  2. My video (the top one) is not working.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems the code from KNBC-TV never worked. Do you host this footage on Youtube or somewhere else providing an embed code so I could host it here?

      Delete
  3. Tod,

    I can't find your video on Youtube and KNBC-TV is not hosting it anymore so I nuked the empty video player from this blog posting. Do you have an embed code so I can repost your footage here?

    Kimmer

    ReplyDelete