Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Milton Waddams: International Man Of Mystery

I recently had the supreme privilege of finally watching the Mike Judge movie Office Space. I had seen part of it on regular television in the past and the memorable character of insufferable workplace boss Bill Lundberg left an indelible impression upon me. However much of the movie I saw at that time the real star of the film escaped my notice. That was certainly not going to happen watching the movie in its entirety. In a scene-stealing performance worthy of the likes of Phillip Seymour Hoffman, actor Stephen Root plays the unforgettable and indefatigable character of Milton Waddams the perpetually beleaguered and befuddled and put-upon oddball  co-worker in the fictional workplace office that is the centerpiece of this film. This character, created by Beavis & Butthead creator Mike Judge originally for a series of SNL animated movie shorts entitled Milton, is my current obsession. Just as I possess an Inner Cartman and an Inner Butt-head I likewise possess an Inner Milton. For those of you unfamiliar with what I speak of here I offer you a montage of clips below shown in the order they appear in the movie. Unfortunately, the montage is taken from a recording of it playing on television as opposed to a direct recording. This will have to suffice for now unless and until something better appears at which time I'll switch this video out. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment