Monday, November 11, 2013

Quote of the Day - "Lady Galadriel"

As stated in my previous blog posting, the following quote from Lady Galadriel's prologue to the movie "The Fellowship of the Ring" which is repeated in the other two movies of the Lord of the Rings movie franchise has haunted me ever since first I heard it. Below, I share both parts of particular interest to me of said prologue. Note, this is all surprisingly applicable and apropos to the current time and place we find ourselves in this modern world hurtling itself towards the future unknown. One can hear Cate Blanchett's voice narrate within the movie the full lines HERE.
"The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost for none now live who remember it ... And some things that should not have been forgotten were lost. History became legend; legend became myth." ~ Lady Galadriel

No comments:

Post a Comment