Monday, November 4, 2013

This Will Destroy You

As I relatively recently shared with you here I have recently begun to shift my musical center out of trance music (which I still love) and a bit more towards a rock sub-genre known as "post-rock". This has included two postings of songs by the Icelandic post-rock band Sigur Rós and the Texas post-rock band Explosions in the Sky. I have also fallen in love with another Texas-based post-rock band named This Will Destroy You (TWDY) and below is their self-titled album. I like how the band perceives themselves which is something other than post-rock: "The band describe their new sound as being darker and heavier, referring to it as "doomgaze", a portmanteau of doom metal and shoegaze." ~ Taken from their Wikipedia page. The beautiful, haunting, melodic, melancholy, moody, dark, soulful, thoughtful sound of this album really resonates with my soul. 

No comments:

Post a Comment