Tuesday, November 19, 2013

The Trigger Effect

I first saw this series premier of Connections hosted by well-known science historian James Burke sometimes back in the early to mid-1990's and although it offered me nothing revolutionary it did help distill for me some things that were already my mind and validated a few others. In fact, I still have a VHS recording of it somewhere from that timeframe. In any case, I found this on Youtube last night and offer it to you here tonight. The "prepper" culture has emerged since this program was long off the air and even since my 1990's first encounter with this program. Something I find fascinating is that none of the essential concepts in this program have changed and if anything this is more relevant today than on the day this first aired. That means that this episode is as ominous now as it ever was. I like Burke's expression "technological womb". The good stuff here begins at 22:29 and gets rolling from there.

1 comment:

  1. I saw this years ago and then promptly forgot about it. It IS an awesome movie about human nature under duress. I give it 4 out of 5 stars, as it was well directed and very well acted.

    ReplyDelete