Saturday, August 30, 2014

My First Dallidet Day

Today I finally had the privilege of working a wedding at Dallidet Adobe & Gardens near downtown San Luis Obispo. I had seen it on the Vino Vice work schedule many a time but others always got the job... until today... and it was well worth the wait. Being a history buff and history major I was delighted to be working 5-1/2 hours on such a historic site which I have not even known existed before this year. The history of this site is actually rather fascinating... and unexpected. The staff on-site I worked with today were delightful, both venue and wedding. By the way, be sure to check out my photo of a "Cthulhu Cactus" I encountered on the grounds here today.

I have been driving within a block of this gate for years and had no idea this place even existed.
I would love to do a history internship here... and someday get married here.
These are actually old mill stones from the 19th Century... or even perhaps the 18th.
That structure is an old train station... but that Ramona is not the one in Southern California.
What a quintessentially California sight: an orange tree, date palm tree, coast redwood, and whatever that thing is to the right whose name I am not drawing a blank. Anywho, only here will one likely see such a mix.
This coast redwood is my favorite type of tree and this individual is about 130 yeas old.
Here is the reason I was here today: a cute and quirky little wedding with plenty of charm.
All photos by Kim Patrick Noyes (all rights reserved).

No comments:

Post a Comment