Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Songs For When The World Falls

It has been a month and a week since last I shared music here so this feels overdue given how prevalent music is on this blog. My own personal discovery of these two trance tracks occurred earlier this summer or sometime in the spring. "I Will Be Here" by Tiesto and Sneaky Sound System (Wolfgang Gartner remix) is by far and away the better song both in lyrics as well as vocals and sound being an exceptionally awesome trance track. It was love at first hearing for me and it is good to know Tiesto still pumps out some good music despite his transition on to other things which is to be expected of any good artist. He has been slammed for selling out and not holding to his hey-day sound of the late 1990's into mid-2000's but in all fairness temptus fugit and were he to still sound the same it could be fairly said he was artistically "stuck" and living in the past and beating a dead horse. Artists are people, too, and need to grow. 

There is a particular section of the lyrics to this which really capture my attention:

"You know when the moment comes
To be strong, your resistance
And that's what we're led to believe

When the big world falls apart
And you think that the feeling will linger
You need somewhere to start
I will be here (I will be here)

And when it all seems to fall apart
You can't breathe
You don't know what you're thinking
You need somewhere to start
I will be here (I will be here)"



The other song entitled "World Falls Apart" by Dash Berlin is a very good song although the vocals by Jonathon Mendelsohn are a bit too soaring in sound and some of the base & drum elements feel too clubby and yes, I realize it is a club mix but the elements to which I refer are also in the radio edit of this trance track. Anywho, I nonetheless really like this song which features lyrics that also capture my attention for touching on the same theme which as you by now know has haunted me my entire life: the End of the Age. This is basically the entire lyrics which are repeated twice in the trance track:

"When the world falls apart
I will hold you in my arms like a friend

When the world's unkind
I will make you smile
I will stay right by your side until the end

Through the dark of night
When no hope's in sight
When the walls start closing in, I'll be your friend

When the world falls apart
If you should ever feel so broken that you can't go on
If your world falls apart
I will hold you in my arms like a friend

When the world falls apart
If you should ever feel so broken that you can't go on
If your world falls apart
I will hold you in my arms like a friend
Until the end..."

Lyrics courtesy AZLyrics.com


Something to note about these songs is that when I hear them and think about their lyrics I am unable to not think about how much these lyrics express my devotional thoughts and feelings to the amazing woman with whom I will hopefully someday be partnered, God willing.

No comments:

Post a Comment