Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Graphic of the Day - Evil Mr. Vaccine

Tonight on Facebook I got into a cyber-tussle with an anti-vaccine conspiracy theorist. This anti-vax activist's dear child has rheumatoid arthritis which she attributes to her child's vaccinations in an apparent example of Causation-Correlation Fallacy. I feel sorry for her that she is emotionally tortured by her child's health problems. However, she is not adapting well to it at all and perhaps this has exposed an outstanding personality defect. She offers no valid proof for her pseudo-intellectual, anti-scientific conspiracy theory, but rather merely URLs to questionable websites and Amazon links to books by non-experts. This is a sore subject for me as ignorant parents who don't vaccinate their kids will be a danger to me in my career as an educator unless I work in an environment where the relevant laws protects me from such tomfoolery.

No comments:

Post a Comment