Saturday, April 7, 2012

First Hike For The Gang With No Name

Today the gang from Spanish 201/202 at Cuesta College's North County Campus conducted its inaugural hike. After checking out the Rinconada Mine we took the Rinconada Trail in the Santa Lucia District of the Los Padres National Forest centered between Santa Margarita, San Luis Obispo and Pozo, CA. We got a late start but had a great time although we did not make it up to the top of the spine of the Santa Lucia Mountains, something we will accomplish the next time we do this particular hike. Regardless, a good time was had by all and the consensus is that we will make this a regular event albeit trying different places in the future.
Today I was not particularly inspired to take photos as photography is my artistic outlet and I'm either in the mood or I'm not. Given the weight of my responsibilities today combined with my distraction during the hike with my exertions carrying a heavy load in my backpack all the while struggling a bit due to being somewhat out of shape seemed to sap me of my photographic enthusiasm even though that did not in any way curb my enthusiasm overall. Below are the four images I did bestir myself to capture.

Part of the gang waiting at the trailhead parking lot for the rest of us to arrive.
Some humorous graffiti painted on the Rinconada Mine retort.
What type of wildflower is this?
The entire gang minus two at the point we turned around.
All photos by Kim Patrick Noyes (all rights reserved)

No comments:

Post a Comment