Saturday, June 15, 2013

53rd Annual Cayucos Gem & Mineral Show - Day Two

Today got off to a rocky start as my car died on the way to the 53rd Annual Cayucos Gem & Mineral Show hosted by the SLOGMC and held at the Cayucos Vets Hall next to the Cayucos Pier. I needed to set up the Showcase Displays booth early as I was unable to complete it yesterday. I finally got picked up by Showcase Displays owner Marybeth Shears and she took me home where I picked up her van and headed on over to the show to belatedly set up missing the morning's first rush since I had to first do a bit of guerilla marketing by placing some sandwich signs and one banner in place for the day. Anywho, ultimately I got my various jobs done and the day went okay. The show was great today for some dealers and fair to midlin' for others. Overall, attendance was down as a result of this year's June show conflicting with the Cal Poly graduation as happens every two or three years. Below are images I captured of the day.

Be sure to check out Day One and Day Three!

Keith & Marcella of
Wonderworks up on the stage with Su and her jewelry booth in front of and below the stage.
Kirk Brock's Rock Solid Jade booth.
Eastern side of the main hall prominently featuring Sister Stones at right.
The Showcase Displays booth I manned today after a late start.
Leslie Nelson's Raea Jewelry booth.
Beverly Brown's Viking Knit wire jewelry booth entrance.
Diana March's dazzling booth rocked today.
Mike Shirsey came loaded for bear.
Scary Gary from Tulare and his saner half Janice Robertson.
Cameron Lowder gellin' like a felon in his booth with the Robertson's granddaughter.
I keep asking her to leave Andy and marry me but she keeps turning me down (our running joke).
Two newer members of our club manning the hospitality table (Lord forgive me for forgetting their names).
My friend Susie Christian manning (or would that be womaning?) the hospitality booth.
My friend Janet Nichol's taking a picture of me taking a picture of her (or is it the other way around?).
All photos by Kim Patrick Noyes (all rights reserved).

No comments:

Post a Comment