Friday, October 31, 2008

Random Musings of a Ramblin' Fool XII

Halloween Night 2008

Well, here I am alone in my house on Halloween night while everybody else is out having a great time or home doing something cool with other folks.
I feel a little bit left out but at least I won't be getting drunk or laid tonight and regretting it later.
Over the course of composing this I have watched parts or all of Resident Evil, House on Haunted Hill, and Return to House on Haunted Hill which has been sort of fun and kept me company.
Earlier in the evening I had Mom over and we watched The Thirteenth Warrior which she had never seen and she liked it as much as I did.



Upcoming Election Night 2008

I hope the light-hearted theme of tonight is not followed by a heavy-hearted horror over the next four years in the United States as a new regime takes complete control of the Executive and Legislative Branches of our government this coming Tuesday night.
I utterly despise the Republican Party and feel absolutely no sympathy for them in what is coming next week as they are about to serve the role of scape goat for problems that are actually much more complicated and for which there are plenty of guilty parties including BOTH the Democrats and Republicans.
The angry mob appears more than willing to inexplicably absolve a party which has had a majority in the House and Senate the past two years and has been in opposition to a lame duck President during that time and yet has nothing to show for it having kept none of its promises it made in order to win the mid-term elections in 2006.
This all makes perfect sense when one considers that angry mobs are stupid creatures much like ghastly hordes of flesh-eating zombies who savagely, but mindlessly attack their closest victim.
Hey, thats sorta Halloween-y isn't it?!


Yeow'ouch!!!

In keeping the Halloween theme going I'd like to mention that I neglected to include in my Jalama Beach Expedition the other day that I found out the details of a grisly incident I heard several weeks ago on my scanner.
Santa Barbara County Fire Department dispatched a ground unit as well as CalStar (medivac chopper) to Jalama Beach for a partially-amputated arm.
My first thought was that it was a shark attack but by the end of the day there were no reports of such so I figured it was some sort of work-place accident involving some sort of work or maintenance crew.
However, what I found out actually happened was that some guy was para-sailing and his arm got tangled up in his tacking and he received a disgusting deglovement injury over a large part of his arm taking off the flesh down to the bone full circumference for several inches or more.
Folks at the scene were able to keep him from hemmoraging to death and by the time the ground medics had stabilized him he was calling off Cal-Star not wanting to pay ten grand or more for the flight to a hospital and instead had himself driven there by private auto.
I think if that had been me I would not have much cared about the money, but that's just me.


Bigfoot Sighting Near Willits During Last Summer's Fires

This Halloween theme is getting sort of fun so you get one more good story.
This past Summer during the height of the June 21 Fire Siege a man traveling northbound on US101 north of Willits near Shimmins Ridge Road encountered a very large black-haired beast crossing the road. The story could be true but given how many wacked out people live in inland Mendocino County one has to wonder about this guy.
Furthermore, I can spot a few problems with his story which you can read here and see if you can spot, too.
If any of you can spot any of those problems I invite you to post them in the comments below.

Kimmer

2 comments:

  1. Howdy !
    It was only this last year or so that I was introduced to rockhounding. NOW IM OBSESSED. There are not a lot of great places to hunt here in Kansas, and I am on my way to California. I will have one week from LA, CA to travel north.
    I would love to get to those LAKE COUNTY DIAMONDS you wrote about, and I plan on taking full advantage of your 'rockhounding mendocino' post.
    Are there any places worthy of a visit south or east of these places?
    THANKS!
    Dylan L.
    dylbug1@yahoo.com
    Kansas City

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dylan,
    Welcome to the wonderful hobby of rockhounding and I'm glad you joined our harmless madness.
    I should post a blog about rockhounding on the Central Coast for you and others so be on the lookout for that.
    In answer to your question there are innumerable places to rockhound in the areas you will be visiting.
    I hope you have a safe and rewarding trip out here to the Golden State.

    ReplyDelete